Vegetarian and vegan recipes

Zesty Orange & Carrot Smoothie

Zesty Orange & Carrot Smoothie

I've been drained out lately. No matter how much sleep I get, I always seem to need more. It could be the lingering winter weather. It could be the lack of sunlight. Or it could be something else entirely. The truth is I have no idea, but it's been affecting my inspiration and desire to be in the kitchen.

Wake me up when summer's here, will you?

Maca powder

Zesty Orange & Carrot Smoothie
  • 2 small oranges, peeled and sliced or segmented
  • 2 small carrots, sliced
  • 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
  • 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)

Combine all ingredients into a blender.


Process until smooth.

Zesty Orange & Carrot Smoothie

Yields one large or two small servings.

Zesty Orange & Carrot Smoothie


Got any suggestions for Craving Greens?


X